Repovesi National Park is a national park located in the city of Kouvola and the municipality of Mäntyharju in Kymenlaakso and South-Savo regions. The distance to Helsinki is about 190 kilometers.
- The eastern parts of the park are included in the Pahkajärvi shooting range, where there is a movement ban. The Vekaranjärvi garrison is also located near Repovesi. Repovesi National Park is Finland’s seventh most popular national park. In 2019, 126,600 visitors visited it.
- Repovesi National Park was established on 1 January 2003. The area of the national park is 15 square kilometers, and the area of the Aarnikotka Forest Nature Reserve is 14 square kilometers. The Repovesi area had been popular with hikers for decades before the actual national park was established.
- The 120-kilometer Valkeala outdoor route also runs through the park. The lakes of the national park offer a great opportunity for hiking or rowing.
- Repovesi’s attractions include, for example, Olhavanvuori, which is one of the best climbing spots in Southern Finland, and the Finnish Gold Route, which offers the opportunity to explore the wilderness by water bus.
- Repovesi National Park is the largest unbuilt forest, marsh and lake area in south-eastern Finland. The basic fauna includes, for example, the tern, the lynx, the deer, the owls and various poultry.
How to Get There?
- Kuismantie Road, which leads through the National Park, is closed off from traffic by bar gates at the Saarijärvi and Tervajärvi Parking Areas. You may travel either by foot or boat inside the park. There are separate parking areas for coaches at each National Park entrance.
- From Mäntyharju to Saarijärvi Parking Area.
Take road 368 from Mäntyharju to Voikoski. After the Voikoski bridge there are signposts to Saarijärvi and Lapinsalmi. At the old railway station in Voikoski turn onto Kuismantie Road and drive 9 km to Saarijärvi Parking Area. At Saarijärvi Parking Area there are dry toilets, information boards and signposts to the area’s trails.
- From Kouvola to Lapinsalmi Parking Area.
Take road 15 from Kouvola, turn onto Road 368 in Valkeala. There are signposts to road 368 from the Valkeala ABC-Service Station onward. After Vuohijärvi Village continue straight for about 8 km and turn right. Lapinsalmi Parking Area is about 3,5 km from this intersection. At Lapinsalmi parking area there are information boards, signposts to the trails and chemical toilets.
- From Road 15 to Tervajärvi Parking Area.
Road 369 turns off of road 15 at Tuohikotti. Signposts begin right after the intersection. Drive straight on road 369 for about 9 km to the Hevosoja Village intersection. Turn right (Hevosojantie Road) and drive 2 km towards Hevosoja Village. When you reach the village turn right onto Kivisilmäntie Road. Drive straight for 7 km to the Tervajärvi Parking Area. At Tervajärvi Parking Area there are chemical toilets, information boards and signposts to the area’s trails.
By Public Transportation
Find Taxi • Find Railway station • Find Airport
- The closest railway stations where trains stop are in Municipality Centre of Mäntyharju and the Town of Kouvola.
- The bus to Repovesi and Verla leaves from the main railway and bus station, located in the Kouvola city centre. You find bus timetables here.
Customer Service and Guidance
Koli Nature Centre Ukko
- The area is open every day 24/7. Koli Nature Centre Ukko customer service differs from that.
- Information about Repovesi National Park.
- +358 20 639 5654, email@example.com.
- Information about hut bookings:
- firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. int. +358 400 718 248