The Maritime Museum of Finland tells exciting stories related to the history and present of seafaring.
- The Finnish Maritime Museum is a national maritime museum whose task is to record the history of Finnish shipping and disseminate information. The Maritime Museum collects and stores artefacts, images, archives and literature related to shipping and boating.
- The Maritime Museum is located in Kotka in the Maritime Center Vellamo. There are also the Kymenlaakso Museum, the Information Center Vellamo, the restaurant Laakonki and the museum shop Plootu.
- As a whole, the Maritime Center Vellamo is one of the most important tourist destinations in the region.
- The Maritime Museum’s main exhibition “North Star, Southern Cross” (Pohjantähti, Etelän risti) tells the history and present of shipping by theme. The main themes are seafarer, maritime trade, ships, ship travel and navigation. A key element of the exhibition is the specialty of our northern shipping, winter shipping. The museum’s main exhibition offers functional ways to get to know the history and present of Finnish shipping.
- The main exhibition is complemented by rotating exhibitions.
The National Museum of Finland consist of eight museums and two castles
Opening times and ticket fees
You can leave your review and photos at the bottom of this page. Enjoy your visit!