Hiidenportti National Park
Located in the municipality of Sotkamo, in Kainuu region.
- The area covers an 45 square kilometers and is characterized by a fragmented landscape of bogs and fabrics.
- The area is an original primeval forest. The area has been separated into park Forest and Aarnimetsä since the 1940s. The area was expanded in the 1970s.
- In the northern part there is the Palolampi information center. The core of the national park is the Hiidenportti gorge. The area is also called Portinsalo.
- The last fellings have been made there in the early 20th century.
- Hikers are served by a dense network of trails with sheds and campfire sites.
- There are almost 30 km of marked and duckboard covered hiking trails in Hiidenportti National Park.
You can leave your review at the bottom of this page! Enjoy your visit!