Bothnian Sea National Park is located in the Satakunta and Southwest Finland regions, in the areas of Eurajoki, Kustavi, Merikarvia, Pori, Pyhäranta, Rauma and Uusikaupunki.
- The park was established in 2011. The Bothnian Sea National Park is a significant Baltic Sea protected area extending from Kustavi to Merikarvia over a 160-kilometer sea area. The park covers an area of about 940 square kilometers, 98 percent of which is sea.
- Bothnian Sea National Park gives visitors a chance to enjoy the glimmering sea and the charm of lighthouse islands. Day trips and weekend excursions are great for exploring the barren outlying islands and the underwater flora and fauna in some of Finland’s cleanest coastal waters.
- The best way to experience the choppy waves and calming sound of the sea and the beautiful views across the archipelago is by boat. The park has several marinas with services for boaters: in Pori Munakari, Iso-Enskeri, Seliskeri, in Luvia Säppi, in Rauma Kylmäpihlaja and Kuuskajaskari, and in Kustavi Katanpää and Isokari.
- The park’s islands are great for stepping ashore and setting up camp for a night or two. There are also campfire sites on the islands.
- The park also has several marinas with services for boaters: in Pori Munakari, Iso-Enskeri, Seliskeri, in Luvia Säppi, in Rauma Kylmäpihlaja and Kuuskajaskari, and in Kustavi Katanpää and Isokari.
- There is a many starting point to National Park at the coast.
How to Get There?
- The Park can only be reached by boat when there is no ice, except for Preiviikinlahti Bay, Liesluoto and Salttöö.
- Preiviikinlahti Bay in Pori can be accessed by car, and there are over ten towers and platforms there for bird-watchers: Isosanta, Hathuru, Sannannokka, Yyterin lietteet, Huhtala, Langoura, Leveäkari, Eteläranta, Kaarluoto and Ooviiki. The Huhtala, Langoura and Leveäkari towers are located in the National Park. You can get to the vicinity of the towers and platforms by car.
- Sälttöö in Merikarvia can also be accessed by car.
Find Taxi • Find Railway station • Find Airport
Customer Service and Guidance
- The area is open every day 24/7.
- Tel. int. +358 20 639 4620.
- Email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read instructions and rules in Bothnia Sea National Park before visiting.
You can leave your photos and review at the bottom of this page! Enjoy your visit!