Ekenäs Archipelago National Park
Located in Ekenäs Archipelago, Uusimaa region, in the area of Raasepori.
- The area was established in 1989 and covers 52 square kilometers.
- Most of the park’s area is composed of rock islets near the open sea, and the water areas surrounding them. Landing on and using motorboats near the most important bird islands is forbidden from April 1 to July 17, to protect the nesting of aquatic birds.
- Among the best ways to enjoy the beautiful scenery of area are boating, canoeing, diving and walking. There are numerous places for mooring boats and kayaks on the islands, and services for boaters are provided in Jussarö and Rödjan.
- Almost 90% of the park’s area is water. With its calm seas and idyllic scenery, area is made for sailing and motorboating. The Helsinki–Hanko shipping route runs through the area, and there are plenty of places to spend the night along the way. There are camping areas, campfire sites and toilets in the ports of Modermagan and Fladalandet as well as in Rödjan on the island of Älgö. There is also a camping site to the east of Jussarö.
- There are three nature trails where you can learn about the flora and fauna of the islands and the area’s history. The most important sights in the Ekenäs Archipelago National Park are its diverse natural features. Thousands of sea birds nest on the many small islets of the park.
You can leave your review at the bottom of this page! Enjoy your visit!