Southern Konnevesi National Park
Located in the Central Finland regions of Finland, in the areas of Konnevesi and Rautalampi.
- The park was established in 2014 to protect and manage the coastal, archipelago and water landscape of Konnevesi, as well as for general recreational and camping use and environmental research.
- Lake Konnevesi is the central lake on the Rautalampi route, whose water is very clear and the visibility is great. Lots of waterfowl live on the large lakeside. The area has landing sites and ports maintained by Metsähallitus, municipalities and private companies, which serve boaters in a variety of ways.
- Park covers an area of 15,5 square kilometers.
- Even before the establishment of the national park, there was some hiking trails in the area. When the park was built, the number of trails multiplied in 2014–2015. Hiking is largely concentrated on the east side of the lake, Rautalampi. The large backwaters of the lake do not actually belong to the park, while the archipelago-like area of its eastern part was formed as a nationally significant canoeing destination.
- The wide open waters in the western parts of the lake are ideal for a boat journey or motorboating. There are also several canoeing routes maintained by the municipalities of Rautalampi and Konnevesi in the national park and its surrounding areas.
- The large mainland section in Enonniemi invites hikers who enjoy a varied terrain.
- The park is sure to find routes that are pleasing to every nature lover in different ways.
How to Get There?
- Kalaja parking area, Törmälän metsätie 136, Rautalampi. Space for approximately 50 cars. There may be delays in winter maintenance. Buses with sufficient ground clearance can bring customers to the Kalaja parking area, but must be parked in the Törmälä parking area.
- Törmälä parking area, Konnekoskentie 552, Rautalampi. There is space for two buses and approximately 20 cars.
- Vuori-Kalaja accessible parking area, Vuori-Kalajan metsätie 126, Rautalampi. This parking area is only intended for persons with reduced mobility. Space for four cars, no winter maintenance.
By Public Transportation
Find Taxi • Find Railway station • Find Airport
- The national park cannot be accessed by regularly scheduled bus services. The nearest bus stop (matkahuolto .fi) is called Konnekoski Th, which is located on main road 69 between Konnevesi and Rautalampi. It is 7 km from the bus stop to the trailheads.
Customer Service and Guidance
- The Southern Konnevesi National Park area is open every day 24/7.
- Metsähallitus Parks & Wildlife Finland
- Tel. +358 2063 95270.
- Email. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read instructions and rules in Southern Konnevesi National Park before visiting.
You can leave your photos and review at the bottom of this page! Enjoy your visit!